Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little comfort

Here's what I did last night. I made these little, teensy, weensy house shaped cushions. My dear friend Frederica gave me the fabric (every time Freddy buys fabric she cuts it in half to share with me, how nice is that?!). I saw Amy at Inspire Company's real life couch here and knew what to do with the fabric. I love her blog it really is very inspirational!
The smallest cushions are only 17mm tall (3/4 inch). When my husband saw me with the tiny bits of fabric at the sewing machine he didn't think I had a hope of making them. And they were a challenge but he should know by now there's nothing a miniaturist can't make if they put their mind to it!
I made the little couch (and a couple of chairs) a while ago at the miniatures club, it turned out pretty well! I'm trying to do-up my dollhouse in a relaxed country style which is why I chose the country star fabric, it has an aged look about it. Miniatures club is this Sunday, I'll be getting the basic bits to build a garden for the summerhouse to go in, I can't wait! (Too bad about all the other half finished projects around here! LOL!!)
Mercedes

10 comments:

  1. Those cushions are so cute and they go so well on that lovely couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Mercedes. A little tip for sewing tiny stuff - get yourself some tear-away stabilizer and put whatever it is you're sewing on top and stitch away. It gives you a heap more control as it's large and the machine won't eat it! I sew stuff as small as 0.5cm this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that room! The couch with these lovely cushions is soooo beautiful!
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mercedez, I have finally put up the post of your blog on Day 20.. go take a look :) and Shannon, thx for the tips. I am a novice and any tips on miniature creations is great. Will look up "tear away stabilizer". Sounds really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work! The house cushions are beautiful!
    You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cushions! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really need to know about that Starbucks cup!

    I also love Amy's blog, she is a dear friend of mine. I'm making something special for her niece right now for Easter... it is a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. om-goodness, that is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way too cute....and you have so much talent and patience for such small detail.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!